Tuesday, March 6, 2007

The Dream Realized!!!


I am a HOMEOWNER!!!! Or I will be, if the bank says it's ok, on March 27!!! (Wow, that seems fast...)

After my first failed attempt, I really thought I didn't have the stomach for this market. Then driving home from church just YESTERDAY (less than 24 hours from my offer) I saw this darling house, a "jewel box", as my good friend Dick Peery puts it, in College Terrace, right across from Stanford University. It is tiny (about 1000 square feet) but absolutely darling inside, and as you can see, is dripping with "curb appeal". It had been on the market for 4 days and was having its first showing.

I called my agent immediately...unfortunately, so did eight other potential buyers. Thus ensued another diet Coke and generic Excedrin Migraine-fueled day of number crunching in Excel, crippling anxiety, and waves of nausea looking at the number of zeroes in my offer. Call it the "Bay Area Real Estate Diet". Then about 6:30 pm my agent called with the good news. I cycle through the full range of human emotion about every 2 minutes. I also realized I have slept for the last time in about, oh, 5 years.

Hooray!!!! I think I will go throw up now.

1 comment:

Steph said...

congratulations!! I can't wait to come see it!